Alpaca Update ~ 10/17 evening

After my first letter, the decision was to treat Alpaca at our facility. There just isn’t enough money to send him to Hospital. So we will do our best here.

x gg

Hello everyone,

So Alpaca got his catheter put into place by Dr. -. It was very difficult to do and Alpaca was not a happy camper when he was stuck with the needles. In fact, I thought we were going to lose him.. I think it got to be too much for him. But, he is ok now. While Dr. – was here, she tube fed him some dissolved alfalfa/oat hay pellets as well as some vitamin e.

So the plan is to have Alpaca receive fluids every 4 hours… On the 6’s, the 10’s and the 2’s. He will also be getting some steroid treatments as well as antibiotics. We figure why not give him everything.

I am pushing my day off later in the week to come in tomorrow and take care of Alpaca. He has medications that need to be administered throughout the day. It’s easier if I just handle it, plus, of course, I want to see his progress *crossing fingers* So I will be giving him his fluids at 6 am, 10 am and 2 pm. I will be here on Saturday and Sunday.

I think that should cover everything for now… I will be writing another update tomorrow

Advertisements

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: